Advanced Program in Project Management
The Essential Foundations of Project Management provides the essential framework on which the rest of the APPM program is built. Project management is a flexible and adaptive discipline. Effective management requires a comprehensive understanding of available approaches. It also requires the ability to adapt those approaches to the context and culture of the organization and the type of project being managed.
This module establishes a core framework for managing projects that is practically grounded in current techniques and provides a broad introduction to project standards, concepts and methodologies. Participants gain a complete, end-to-end understanding of the project management process that spans the complete project lifecycle. The module provides a formal framework to guide initiating, planning, managing and delivering projects that holistically integrates the principles of project management with the strategies of project delivery.
Participants will develop a solid foundation in the principles and practical techniques of project management that will support continued expansion in subsequent modules. This module will:
- Explore the alignment of projects with corporate strategies and priorities.
- Provide a comprehensive introduction to the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to project completion.
- Introduce the critical standards, methodologies and frameworks that represent alternative means of managing projects, from traditional approaches to new and emerging techniques such as rolling wave, agile and workface planning techniques.
- Enable integration of organizational process, project management approaches and the delivery processes required to deliver the work of the project.
- Provide guidance for integration and establishment of consistent organizational project management capabilities and support organizations.
- Establish the understanding necessary to confidently plan, manage and deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
More information about the Advanced Program in Project Management can be found at the following links: